Thursday, April 9, 2009

Not my colors


Have you ever started a quilt with a color pallet that you have never worked with before? These were "not my colors".
How did that happen? Last March, I won a big, beautiful raffle basket at the Pride of the Prairie Quilt Show. It was donated by Prairie Stitches Quilt Shoppe, Oswego, IL - you must visit their shop - it's so nice and bright and filled with all good things. Anyway, the basket was filled with civil war reproduction fabrics from A Morris Garden, (Moda), along with a pattern of tiny stars (Ancient Stars) and a lot of other quilting goodies. I didn't want all that fabric to go to waste, so of course I was determined to make that pattern, with that fabric.
That was in 2008 and I am still working on it. I was making quarter-square triangles forever, resulting in the little 4 1/2 inch stars. I changed the setting and added some different blocks to the border. It is my work in progress.

No comments: