Thursday, March 25, 2010

Manly Quilts



I wanted to share a couple manly quilts with you. The green quilt is one I made. I saw a similar quilt in a magazine and recreated it using my fabric stash. I have a nephew, Eric. He knows I "sew", so he showed me his store bought bed quilt and asked if I could repair it. It was in shreds in some places and beyond repair. I said I would make him a new quilt instead. At least I know he'll use it! He turned 16 this year and I plan to give it to him next time I see him!



The rest of these quilts are ones I've seen recently at quilt shows.
My husband has been hounding me for a Cubs quilt. The baseball quilt is supposed to inspire me. The brown and cream quilt is such a manly quilt. The pattern is True Blue by Carrie Nelson for Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. I just love the colors together. And the best one I've seen is the boxer shorts. Really cute! Okay, not manly, but cute. Check out the quilting.



2 comments:

quiltlover said...

I love your nephew's quilt!

Jamie K said...

I made a Cubs quilt for my brother-in-law. I am a Sox fan so it was a little painful to make...jk! Check out my blog to see a pic of it.

http://jamiesquilts.blogspot.com