Monday, June 6, 2011

The A word

Oh no... the A word.  I'm trying my hand at applique.  Needle Turn Applique.  It all started back in February when I signed up for a block-of-the-month club at Primitive Gatherings.  I saw a beautiful sample block for the Sweet 16 pattern - it was perfectly made, of course.  I thought, if I do enough of these, I can get better and better at applique.


I took one applique class about 5 years ago and forgot just about everything. 
Now I am following the instructions and excellent pictures from The Thimble Lady, Liuxin Newman.
  I have to say - they are very clear instructions.  My blind stitch is coming along, but my shapes need a lot of work!  They are not very smooth.  Little by little, I am progressing and I hope to see an improvement with every block.



No comments: